|Nicola Young||Assistant Vice Principal & Faculty Lead for Science|
Through the Science curriculum, we want students to -
- To develop an understanding of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- To be inspired by Scientists and scientific development, that has changed the world by developing skills such as thinking scientifically and working scientifically.
- To grow confident in designing scientific investigations and develop analytical thinking skills that can be used and transferred.
- To use ELC Science as a springboard to build confident progression into GCSE level learning when needed.
- Gain academic qualifications that have genuine impact on life choices and opportunities.
What do we want students to know/be able to do?
- To build upon prior knowledge, engaging and developing knowledge and understanding across the three scientific disciplines – Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- To understand the key concepts using specialist vocabulary and also develop and apply mathematical skills to build understanding of scientific enquiry: Prediction, observation, design, analysis and evaluation embedded within lessons supported by a termly focus.
- Aspire to understand and show genuine interest and enthusiasm for the world around them. Recognising the key role Science plays in everyday life.