We feel it is very important that young people have the support that is available when making choices about what to do after they leave school. With the requirement for young people to stay in Education or Training until they are 18, students need to consider the different pathways and options available. Personal career guidance can support students’ persistence, motivation and confidence and helping them to see how they could overcome any barriers that prevent them from moving forwards.
Students in Year 8 through to Y11 careers guidance through PSHE. Key Stage 4 students also receive Independent careers guidance through 1 to 1 sessions.
We aim to raise the aspirations and motivation of individuals as well as develop their personal effectiveness, resilience and employability skills by pour students to remove barriers to achieving their career aims and life goals.
We work closely with other professionals to support multi agency planning and actions to ensure a young person is able to progress to the next stage of their education.
A Guide to Career Options
We are currently updating our Careers Programme information. Please check back soon.
Labour market information (LMI)
LMI or Labour market information is a useful tool to describe information about job growth or decline.
Careers and work-related learning links
- Career Pilot - https://www.careerpilot.org.uk/
- National Careers Service - https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
- Success at School - https://successatschool.org/
- Careers Box - https://www.careersbox.co.uk/
- Go Think Big - https://gothinkbig.co.uk/
- Career Map - https://careermap.co.uk/
- Start - https://guest.startprofile.com/
- Careermag for Parentshttps://careermap.co.uk/careermag-parents
- National Apprenticeship Service - www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Weston College - https://www.weston.ac.uk/
- Bridgwater & Taunton College - https://www.btc.ac.uk/the-college/campuses/cannington-campus/
- City of Bristol College - https://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/,
Last Updated: 25/01/2021 12:05pm | Filetype: pdf | Size: 205 KB