I am delighted to welcome you to our Voyage Learning Campus website.
Voyage Learning Campus opened in April 2013 as a multi-site school. We provide bespoke provision for young people who for a variety of reasons are unable to attend main stream school; these include:
- Students with medical or health problems
- Students who have been permanently excluded or have been identified as being at risk of permanent exclusion
- Young people who are awaiting a school place
- Students who require short term intervention in order to return to their mainstream school.
Many students who are referred to us, return swiftly and successfully back to their mainstream school. Students who remain with us attain a wide range of formal qualifications and successfully access post 16 colleges.
Ofsted visited us to inspect our school on the 10th January 2017. We are immensely proud of the judgements we received from the visiting Her Majesties Inspectors (HMI).
We continue to be a good school with many very strong features and have very much improved again since our last inspection.
Inspectors commented on:
- How strongly the school is led
- The school sets high ambitious and realistic expectations for its students
- Our reputation in North Somerset for significantly improving the life chances of vulnerable young people, which inspectors said was richly deserved
- The excellent breadth of expertise in our staff
- The strength of provision for our primary aged pupils
- How well students behave with centres being calm and purposeful
- How keeping pupils safe is at the heart of everything we do.
These are outstanding comments and are a testament to how hard our students, staff and Management Committee work to make certain that Voyage Learning Campus is one of the most successful alternative provision school’s in the country.
Our summer GCSE and other formal exam results were again our best ever and were some of the best results in alternative provision nationally. Staff and students are rightly very proud of the progress our young people make with us in terms of attendance, improving behaviour, progress, returning to mainstream school and being equipped for education beyond the age of 16.
It is nice to take a little time to reflect on our achievements; however we will continue to strive to improve Voyage Learning Campus and the life chances of our students.
Our Campus has 3 separate sites:
- VLC Milton – Primary Pupil Referral Unit provision,
- VLC Nailsea – Medical Tuition Service and Years 7 & 8 Pupil Referral Unit provision,
- VLC Weston – Key Stage 4 and Year 9 Pupil Referral Unit provision and a Re-engagement & Prevention provision supporting students to return quickly to their mainstream school.
Our Campus firmly believes that all students have the right to an education which is tailored to meet their need and learning style. The curriculum we offer across the school is designed to ensure that every student can experience success and achievement and are able to fulfil their potential.
Our school has an inclusive philosophy and believes passionately in giving all our young people every possible opportunity to succeed.
We aim to ensure that all students, parents/carers and colleagues are made welcome in our school.
I hope you enjoy browsing our site.