|Jackie Charter||Teacher - Faculty Lead Numeracy|
|Leslie Turnbull||Teacher & Temporary Assistant SENCO|
Through the curriculum, we want students to -
- To be numerate resilient individuals with sufficient maths/numeracy skills for their day to day lives
- To appreciate the relevance of maths across the curriculum and increase their engagement and confidence with the subject
- Demonstrate what they already know and move on from there accordingly.
- All students to leave VLC with an appropriate maths qualification
What do we want students to know/be able to do?
- All students to have a numeracy age of at least 10 years 6 months
- To apply the maths skills they have in context, both in maths and across the VLC curriculum
Be confident with their maths through becoming fluent in key skills, being able to explain key ideas/reasons in a mathematical question and be able to apply these in a range of problem solving scenarios.