Update for Year 10 Students
We look forward to welcoming back Year 10 students to school this week for some "face to face" teaching to support further home learning. We know that school closures have been hard for many of you at home and I’m sure you will be pleased to see some normality begin to return your child’s life.
You will know that social distancing measures and a partial lockdown remain in place across the country, including in schools. This means that things will be slightly different when students come into school; we will need to work together to ensure that the health and safety of all remains a priority.
A range of measures are in place to keep your children, your families and our staff safe. These include:
- Maximum group sizes of four (dependent on size of classrooms); in reality, there will no classes initially larger than three
- Covid-19 standard cleaning at the end of each day
- Minimal sharing of resources, other than those that can be easily cleaned
- Changes to room layouts and how people enter and exit the building
- A 'no visitors' policy to the school whilst students are on site (unless this is essential maintenance work outside of the building away from students)
- Tissues in all classrooms and lidded bins for these to be disposed of safely
We have worked hard to try and make school as normal as possible for our young people, whilst prioritising health and safety. However, for students there are things they must do in school:
If your child is coming into school, please ensure that they bring a drink if they want one. They should not bring their own pencil cases; equipment will be provided in school.
Please also note that any students who use home to school transport will be required to wear a mask whilst in the vehicle, in line with government regulations.
Finally, we would like to remind you that if your child presents with any symptoms of Covid-19, they should not come to school and you should seek a test from your local testing centre.
This is crucial so that the new ‘test and trace’ system can be successfully implemented in the region.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school on the number at the top of the letter.
We look forward to seeing students and helping them start preparing for the next important stage of their education.