Coronavirus Response - Wednesday 18th March 2020
It is likely that later this afternoon we will have more detailed plans from the government about schools in England. However, I thought it was important that you have an indication of what our position for tomorrow is.
- Phase 1 (Y1-7) – open to all students, other than those who currently work 1:1 with staff
- Phase 2 (Y8-11) – open only to Y11 students
- Phase 3 (medical tuition) – open to all students, other than those who receive tuition in the home
If you work for the NHS or other emergency services, please do let us know and we will be happy to make provision for your child at school. Additionally, if your child is in Y8-10 and receives free school meals, we will be happy to welcome them for lunch at our Oldmixon site tomorrow between 12 and 12.30, although we will not be in a position to provide transport.
I would also like to remind you of current guidance regarding self-isolation and social distancing.
- Anyone in a house where someone has symptoms of the virus must self-isolate for 14 days. This means that they should remain in the home and avoid contact with others.
- Social distancing means that people should avoid mixing with others in large gatherings, non-essential on public transport and non-essential visitors to the home. This is strongly recommended for vulnerable groups, details of which I provided yesterday.
We understand that your priority will be to the health and wellbeing of your family and so we support decisions you make with regard to any children who could be considered vulnerable.
Thank you for your support – please do contact us with any questions or concerns, we continue to be here for you.